Indian Dolphin Hug

Indian Dolphin Hug
Love For Mother Earth

Thursday, June 24, 2010

A Magickal Dolphin and Whale Encounter


Many years ago, my husband and I had a profound experience that's an indellible memory.  We were with some marine mammal lover advocates, enjoying a little boating outing to see if we could spot some beautiful wild dolphins and whales.  It had been a long day and I was exhausted and started to drift to sleep, but it was difficult because the water was choppy and the boat was rocking back and forth.  Instead of resting, I held onto the boat for dear life and waited with anticipation for a sweet surprise.  

For a few moments, it was very quiet, the ocean was calm, and no one uttered a sound.  They turned off the boat engine and we all sat very still and quiet, waiting with quiet patient anticipation.  Then, in an instant, a huge Orca slowly emerged from the water, poking its head out, and looked directly at us!  We were fairly close to it and it looked larger than life.  At first, I was scared and startled and not sure how to react.  Then, I relaxed and smiled and felt like the smallest humblest human being on Planet Earth.  

It was the most beautiful majestic thing I'd ever seen and it brought tears to my eyes.  The beautiful Orca moved around a little for a few moments and gently waded in the water.  It jumped and leaped, and played and swam, and at one point, jumped so high into the air, we were all in awe as it took our breath away!  I reached out my arm with the hopes of it moving close to us and touching me, but it stayed in the same spot.  

Another encounter was equally awe humbling and breath-taking.  We were relaxing at the beach around the same time.  We sensed something magical around us and we sat upright and smiled, feeling very excited and overjoyed to see a beautiful bottlenose dolphin and her baby gracefully swimming along the shoreline.  Together, they swam, played, and did several flips out of the water.  We sat quietly, motionless, enjoying the beautiful sight.  

When I think about their wondrous majestic beauty and wisdom, I am in complete humble awe in their presence and I strive to do my best to show them the utmost compassion, love, honor, and respect.  After all, these beings are the record keepers of Mother Earth and the ocean is their home.  Shouldn't we show them how much we Love, respect, honor, and care about them?

No comments:

Post a Comment