Indian Dolphin Hug

Indian Dolphin Hug
Love For Mother Earth

Friday, January 14, 2011

My Historical Hero For Peace and Equality: Reverend Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.


January 15 is the Birthday of one of my favorite historical heroes, Reverend Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.  Reverend Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. worked very hard to promote peace, equality, and justice and spoke to thousands of receptive listeners who promised to share his message.  I've been in humble awe of this wonderful man since I was a young girl and the Holiday observing his Birthday has always been very special to me.  I cry and smile when I hear his voice because he warms my heart and fills my heart with hope and courage.  He inspires me to be a better stronger woman and it's largely because of him that I am a survivor and work hard to promote peace, equality, and justice.  

Photo of 
Reverend Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.,
Courtesy of

I'm deeply saddened by the hateful violence that took his life.  It saddens me even more that this mad world continues to be full of toxic hate, ignorance, and intolerance.  This is one of the reasons I'm vegan.  Peace indeed begins on the dinner plate.  As long as people continue to eat a being that was violently slaughtered and had fear and terror coursing through the animal's being right before the slaughter, hate and violence will continue.  This is also the reason I have a pink twibbon on my Twitter avatar.  It's the year 2011 in the 21st Century and the time for love, peace, and compassion are long overdue!

Photo of Vegan Burger, Courtesy of

No comments:

Post a Comment