Indian Dolphin Hug

Indian Dolphin Hug
Love For Mother Earth

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Get Creative For The Holidays and Make A Gift


Generosity of Spirit and gift giving is an activity that should not be limited to the Holiday Season, when gift giving is turned into a mad commercial race to the stress line. Whether it's someone's Birthday or it's a Holiday, gift giving should be a sacred act done so from a place of love, care, and loving thoughtfulness, to show your loved ones how much you love and care about them. It's also a good idea to give a gift that is heartfelt and is environmentally-friendly, especially if the person receiving the gift is asthmatic and chemically sensitive. One year for my Birthday, my dear husband made an adorable hand puppet made from a paper lunch bag and made the cutest cat face. After we woke up and started our day, he surprised me and said "Happy Birthday" and meowed! He drew an adorable sweet cat face on the paper bag with whiskers and ears and when he meowed, he had his hand inside the puppet, and made the cat come to life! I was delighted and I laughed and cried. I thought it was so cute and thoughtful.
Recycled Gift Bag Courtesy
He's been making me laugh for years and this was just precious and darling! It was a very thoughtful gift and I still have the adorable cat puppet tucked away in a box of sentimental things. Another year, a dear friend called and left a message on our answering machine to wish me a Happy Birthday and played Sir Paul McCartney's "Today's Your Birthday" in the background. I laughed, applauded, and cried with delight. I was very deeply touched and she really made me happy. Give your vehicle a break, give the environment and road a break and do something different for your dear friends and loved ones. Be a creative non-conformist and make a gift that speaks from your loving caring heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment