Indian Dolphin Hug

Indian Dolphin Hug
Love For Mother Earth

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

My gratitude this Thanksgiving and a vegan recipe treat for you

For obvious reasons, Thanksgiving is not an easy holiday for me to celebrate.  I have cried thousands of tears feeling the horrifying pain of what the animals are put through and I can't even think about it because as an empath highly sensitive gentle Soul, I literally feel sick from it.  I am very deeply thankful for being a devoted healthy, organic, herbal, vegan and sticking to my passions and maintaining a small carbon footprint.  I'm very deeply thankful that I am able to save many beautiful animals' lives.   Every year, my dear husband and I enjoy a wonderful, delicious, organic, vegan Tofurky feast made by Turtle Island Foods.  We enjoy it with all the traditional Holiday extras, mashed potatoes, pumpkin pie, apple pie, stuffing, and delicious baked desserts.  The best part about our celebration is that it's entirely vegan.  No animal had to suffer for us to enjoy this meal and our carbon footprint is small, which is important and wonderful for Mother Earth.  Another reason why our feast is wonderful is because all the extra dishes that we eat with the Tofurky are homemade by me.  I've enjoyed being an organic, herbal, vegan chef for 20 years and now, I'm going share my delicious, culinary, organic, vegan art with the world.  The photo attached to this blogpost is a sample organic vegan dish I make every Thanksgiving and my family enjoys it every year.  It is delicious, creamy, vegan mashed potatoes and I'm sharing the recipe here.   It's on a plate with Tofurky slices and vegetables.   I'm working hard now everyday to finish my cookbook and I look forward to its launch and publication for the week of Christmas 2014.  I am very excited and thankful to be creating such an important wonderful cookbook that is filled with love, peace, and compassion and I am very thankful to be sharing it with you.  Enjoy a peaceful celebration and remember, peace and love begin on the dinner plate. 


Delicious Creamy Vegan Mashed Potatoes
Ingredients
8 medium size organic Russet potatoes, ends and skin removed, rinsed, cut in 1/4 pieces
4 heaping tbsp. vegan Earth Balance Buttery Spread
8 tbsp. Bragg Liquid Aminos
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. onion powder

Instructions:  Bring a medium size stainless steel pot of filtered water to a rapid boil and fill it with 4 inches leeway space from the top.  When the water reaches a rapid boil, reduce the heat to medium and pour in the potatoes.  Stir gently and allow to cook for 25 minutes.  When the potatoes are soft enough to mash and eat, turn off the burner and thoroughly drain the water.  I like the pour in all the seasonings and mash it into the potatoes because it makes the potatoes creamy and softer and easier to mash, but whatever works best for you.  Mix thoroughly and evenly until all the seasonings are evenly mixed.  Serve and Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment