Indian Dolphin Hug

Indian Dolphin Hug
Love For Mother Earth

Thursday, September 9, 2010

I'm A Healthy Happy Vegan


There are many reasons I went vegan.  I've been a happy healthy vegan for more than 11 years and I'm vegan for life!  Like most kids, my family was convinced that I needed dairy products to be healthy, strong, and grow.  Bless their Hearts, I certainly don't fault them for their ignorance, but nevertheless, it's upsetting that their ignorance nearly cost me my health.  As a child, I suffered from horrible sinus problems and stomachaches.  My parents didn't understand what was wrong and they kept taking me to the doctor to check me.  Silently, I knew deep inside that the dairy products were making me sick, but I kept it to myself because I didn't want to disrespect my elders and sound crazy.  

Fortunately, many years later, my dear husband and I went vegetarian together and made some wise healthy decisions.  One painful New Year's Eve was a painful eye-opener and forced me to make a vital health decision.  We celebrated New Year's Eve by baking chocolate chip cookies and drinking Martinelli's sparkling apple cider.  I lay curled up on the bathroom floor in agony and tears from a horrible stomachache and that was it!  I was done consuming dairy!  We attended a wonderful vegan potluck on Thanksgiving and met some wonderful health experts, including Howard Lyman, the Mad Cowboy, and we were sold on the idea of going vegan.  Despite all the debates with family members insisting that we were crazy, we still have tremendous conviction and continue to be healthy happy vegans!

No comments:

Post a Comment