Indian Dolphin Hug

Indian Dolphin Hug
Love For Mother Earth

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

My husband enjoys simple organic green beauty and selfcare

My dear husband is my equal partner and feels the same way about toxic synthetic fragrance as I do.  He wasn't always chemically sensitive.  He was one of those guys who slapped on a whole bunch of his favorite commercial cologne to smell like a masculine guy.  He even worked as a fragrance model a couple times in a shopping mall, until one day when he was assigned to a temporary job assignment and the cleanup workers there poured too much commercial cleanser on the floor and caused a toxic spill.  When he arrived there, the air was overpowering with toxic chemicals and he felt very ill.  He couldn't breathe or concentrate and quickly returned home to rest and recuperate. 

Since then, he has not been the same.  Today, my dear husband shares my strong distaste for all adulterated synthetic fragrance products.  I wrote my book  that teaches men and women how to enjoy organic nontoxic beauty.  My dear husband came up with the wonderful creative title, Keep Your Vanity Without Losing Your Sanity, and the reason he came up with it is because he is fed up with the obsession with vanity, but more important, he is fed up with the effect that these toxic fragrances have on his breathing, his lungs, and his ability to concentrate.

Today, my dear husband keeps his cleanliness and grooming very simple and basic and is happy as long as he is clean, groomed, and smells clean.  He enjoys a few drops of his favorite organic essential oils, like spearmint, sandalwood, and patchouli on his face for soothing comfort after he shaves, splashes his face with refreshing cool water, and he feels good and ready to go about his day.  My husband and I both love Gandhi's famous #quote:  "Live simply so that others may simply live."  Simplicity is beautiful and the more we humans simplify our life, the healthier and happier we are and that is the greatest gift we can give to Honor Mother Earth and our children.

No comments:

Post a Comment