Indian Dolphin Hug

Indian Dolphin Hug
Love For Mother Earth

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Natural Wild Places Are To Be Respected, Not Polluted


One of my favorite pastimes is unwinding in and connecting with Mother Earth and all her beautiful glory!  Natural wild places beckon me constantly and I cannot resist the call.  The moment I'm at a beautiful park or beach, I feel a sense of Peace and calm and I begin to feel energized, rejuvenated, and alive.  This afternoon, my husband and I were enjoying some quiet moments, enjoying the cool white sand, the beautiful rhythmic oceanic waves, and the precious sea gulls gracing the beautiful blue sky.  He started to rest a little and I enjoyed a little sunbathing.  However, there is one thing that painfully disrupts that sense of calm and that's when people smoke cigarettes and wear overpowering perfume that suffocates our lungs!  Everything was going well until we both started choking and I had to bury my face deep into our blanket just to try to breathe!  

A couple people were smoking and nearly every person stank of overpowering perfume!  I went to the restroom to take care of a basic bodily need when I noticed that a woman was applying makeup, spraying her hair, and using a hair dryer!  The worst part about this is that it ruins my enjoyment and takes away my desire to return to the beach or parks.   The toxic synthetic scent doesn't just affect my health.  I can't even imagine how it affects the wildlife.  People rarely think about how the volatile vapors of the toxic synthetic scent affect the cetaceans, the sea gulls, and other beautiful wildlife, but then again, they don't have a voice, so they can't tell you how they feel.  Maybe it's time we 

No comments:

Post a Comment