Indian Dolphin Hug

Indian Dolphin Hug
Love For Mother Earth

Saturday, October 30, 2010

My Simple Organic Beauty Regimen





When it comes to smelling and looking good, my motto is "wear organic or wear nothing!"  I'm a very simple down-to-earth woman and I prefer to keep my beauty and cleanliness regimen simple and down-to-earth.  When I begin my day, I splash my face with cool water, drink a cup of spring water, and do a little facial yoga to keep my facial muscles healthy and comfortable.  When I shower, I use organic lavender castile soap and rinse my face under the shower.  I comb and de-tangle my wet hair and allow my hair to dry naturally.  I wear makeup only on special occasions, but when I do, I wear a little translucent foundation powder, a little blush, eye shadow, and lipstick.  Sometimes, I just wear a little lipstick and absorb some Vitamin D from the sun, allowing the warmth to make my cheeks naturally rosy.  



When my skin feels itchy, dry, or uncomfortable, I gently massage the uncomfortable areas with a teaspoon of organic unrefined untoasted sesame oil.  When I want to smell lovely and feel good, I pour a drop of organic sandalwood oil on my wrists, ankles, and neck.  I'm grateful for the lovely gifts Mother Nature gives me.  If we could all learn to be grateful for the lovely gifts Mother Nature gives us and simplify our lives, perhaps we could learn to appreciate what we have and be happy without trying to make unnecessary dramatic painful changes to our appearance.

2 comments:

  1. I like that motto "wear organic or wear nothing." I have a whole cupboard of perfumes and lotions, but I seldom wear them. The more I learn, the less I want to wear them anyway. So maybe I'll clear them out and make room for something more useful... chocolate!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandalwood does make an amazing "perfume" -- you need nothing else with it.

    ReplyDelete